Welcome to the online RCM Teaching Advanced Piano Course! Thank you for enrolling in the upcoming session which runs June 10 - Aug 19, 2020.
*Access to the course will open on Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 at 9:30 AM Eastern.*
The required resources for this course are:
RCM Celebration Series®, 2015 Edition: Levels 9–10 repertoire and Levels 9–10 etudes. BUY HERE
COURSE ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS
- The course will open at 9:30 AM Eastern on Wednesday, June 10th, 2020
- After that time, to access the course, please:
- Login to your teacher account on www.rcmusic.com
- On your “My RCM” page, in the left sidebar under “My Learning” click on My Courses, Learning and Resources
- On the next page scroll down below Online Ear Training, History, and Theory to the Piano Teacher Courses Section
- Click on the Piano Teacher Course icon
- On the next page, under “Piano Teacher Courses” click on the Access button to launch the course
When the time comes, it is critical that you carefully read through the Introduction module of the course, which contains instructions, tutorial videos, policies, and procedures. We strongly recommend that you go through this module before you begin your coursework.
You do not need to be online at any specific time during the course, however, there are weekly deadlines for submitting assignments and discussion forum posts. The deadline is always Tuesday nights, at midnight Pacific, which is equivalent to 3 AM Eastern early Wednesday mornings. There are penalties for late submissions. You must submit and pass all assignments and discussion forum in order to receive a passing grade (70%) in the course.
For each discussion forum topic, you are required to create and submit an original response to the topic/prompt and you must also post responses to at least 3 different teachers’ posts. All four posts are required to receive a passing grade, and grades are assigned based on the rubric found in the Introduction module under “Discussion Forums.”
There are two pathways to access course support.
- For questions about the course content, assignments, and discussion forums, please contact your facilitator using the “Message” function in the course itself.
- For technical support or other questions, please contact Teacher Services via email at TeacherServices@rcmusic.ca (or USTeacherServices@rcmusic.ca for US residents).
We hope you enjoy the course!